Art Route Oakland is an activity encouraging visitors and residents to explore art venues throughout the city during Oakland Art Month, collecting stamps along their route to be eligible to win prizes good toward art purchases and other fabulous rewards.
Art Route Oakland Official Contest Rules, Disclaimers
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. CONTEST SPONSOR: The Art Route Oakland Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by ART ROUTE OAKLAND (“ARO”, or “Sponsor”), 481 25th Street, Oakland, CA 94612.
2. AGREEMENT TO RULES: This Contest is governed by these official contest rules (“Official Rules”). By participating, you (“Entrant”) agree to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the results of this Contest, as determined by ARO and its agents, are final in all respects. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Art Route Oakland Contest begins May 3, 2019, and ends at 5:00pm on May 11, 2019 (“Contest Period”).
4. CONTEST ENTRY FORMS: Contest Entry forms are included with Art Route Oakland maps, available in person at participating Art Route Oakland venues during their regular business hours. For a list of participating venues, see artrouteoakland.com or a printed map. Maps will be provided to adults (18 years or older) and to minors if accompanied by an adult legal guardian.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Bring your Art Route Oakland map with you to participating Art Route Oakland venues around the city, and receive a stamp for visiting each venue. When you have collected enough stamps, submit your qualifying and completed map (“Entry”) to a participating Art Route Oakland venue before the end of the Contest Period. A qualifying Entry contains, on a single map, stamps from a minimum number of participating Art Route Oakland venues, and/or a minimum number of geographical venue areas, as defined on the map. A completed Entry means Entrant has filled out all required fields on the map Entry form, and the Entry form has been checked against valid identification by the participating venue upon submission. After submitting a qualifying and completed map, Entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Drawing Tier according to the number of venues and geographical area stamps on the Entry. Each Entrant may only receive one (1) Entry.
6. CONTEST PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all legal residents of their respective countries who possess a valid phone number and email address, and as follows. Entrants who are adults (minimum 21 years of age) at the time of Entry submission are eligible to enter all Drawing Tiers. Entrants who are under 21 years of age are eligible for the middle and lower Drawing Tiers, except minors (under 18 years of age) are eligible only if they are accompanied by an adult legal guardian at the time of submission, and to claim the prize. Entrants or their adult legal guardians must possess, and must present when submitting Entry, a valid state/government issued photo identification, showing name and address, including, but not limited to: a state issued Driver License or identification card, Passport, and any other government required documentation necessary to legally board an aircraft. Directors and board members of ARO, Oakland Art Murmur, Visit Oakland, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant.
7. PUBLICITY, RIGHTS GRANTED BY ENTRANT: By participating, each Entrant grants Sponsor, Oakland Art Murmur, and Visit Oakland, or their designees, successors and assigns: permission to use his/her name, Entry information, likeness, or comments for publicity, trade, advertising, and promotional purposes in any form of media, without payment of additional consideration, and without further notice, review, or consent, except where prohibited by law.
8. WINNER SELECTION: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be gathered into a database at the end of the Contest Period. Each eligible Entry will be separated exclusively into the highest of either the Top Tier, Middle Tier, Lower Tier (“Drawing Tiers”) it is qualified for, according to its number of stamps and/or geographical areas. For each Drawing Tier, one (1) winner (“Winner”) will be chosen at random.
The winners will be announced on or about May 25, 2019 on or about noon PST. Winners will be notified by email and phone.
Announcement and instructions for prize will be sent to the e-mail address supplied on the Winner’s entry form. Each Entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her e-mail account for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to this sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by Sponsor (or its administrator) within fifteen (15) days, using the contact information provided at the time of Entry, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize and another Winner may be selected. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified.
9. PRIZES: One prize will be provided for each Drawing Tier:
Top Tier Prize (minimum of 5 geographical areas stamped, or as otherwise stated on printed Art Route Oakland maps): voucher good for $1500 toward purchasing art at one of the participating Art Route Oakland venues, PLUS a weekend stay for two in Oakland, including selected meals, hotel and art activity.
Middle Tier Prize (minimum of 3 geographical areas stamped, or as otherwise stated on printed Art Route Oakland maps): voucher good for $750 toward purchasing art at one of the participating Art Route Oakland venues.
Lower Tier Prize (minimum of 2 geographical area stamped, or as otherwise stated on printed Art Route Oakland maps): voucher good for $250 toward purchasing art at one of the participating Art Route Oakland venues.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by ARO. Terms and conditions may apply. Hotel stay and art activity are subject to availability.
ANY AND ALL EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INCIDENTAL COSTS AND FEDERAL, STATE, AND/OR LOCAL TAXES, SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted.
Prizes must be claimed by the Winners by July 15, 2019, with all art purchase vouchers used by October 31, 2019. Hotel, meal and art activity vouchers will be valid for a limited time. There are no voucher “date” extensions available. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced; vouchers may not be modified or otherwise altered by VISIT OAKLAND, Art Route Oakland, or any participating venue.
No exceptions to any of the aforementioned conditions are permitted.
10. CONTEST ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in each Drawing Tier.
11. CONTEST LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AND LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless ARO, Oakland Art Murmur, Visit Oakland, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, or by any related expense or action; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries. Entrant further acknowledges, understands and agrees they are of legal age to participate and/or provide this liability release; that they are following all Contest rules; and that they are legally able to make decisions on behalf of themselves or a minor Entrant under their legal care.
12. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: Multiple entries from the same person; Using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices; Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. RESOLVING DISPUTES: These Official Rules and this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. If an unresolved dispute arises under this Agreement, the parties agree to first try to resolve the dispute with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in Oakland, California. Any costs and fees shall be shared equally by the parties. If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, the parties agree to submit the dispute to a mutually agreed-upon arbitrator in Alameda County, California. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction to do so. Costs of arbitration, including attorney fees, will be allocated by the arbitrator.
14. AFFIRMATION, ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT: By participating or entering herein, Entrant certifies they have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules (“Agreement”).